Steeped in traditional climbing style, the Adirondacks are one of the best venues in the country to learn and practice the full spectrum of technical rock, ice and mixed climbing skills on single and multi-pitch terrain.
Cloudsplitter guides work with our guests to select objectives that require the application of appropriate skills and challenges. In doing so, we assist our guests in building their abilities sequentially- first to develop their skills as a reliable Partner. After gaining multi-pitch experience, our guests have the option to learn and practice Leader skills. To ensure that objectives are appropriate, demonstration of Partner level skills on multi-pitch climbs are a prerequisite to instruction in the Leader Progression.
Private guiding rates and policies apply.
Please click here to make a reservation.
Partner Progression- We'll ask you to learn these skills first, but with the mastery of these you could climb with Cloudpslitter Guides anywhere!
- Efficient movement over terrain
- Fundamentals of belayed climbing
- Terrain specific techniques: crack, face, slab, snow, water-ice & mixed
- Experience on multi-pitch terrain, technical applications and technical descents
- Efficient anchor removal
- Management of multi-pitch belay
- Efficient TR and belay anchor placement and construction
- Lead climbing fundamentals
- Belay transfers
- Technical descents
- Retreat strategies
- Self-Rescue skills
- Moving belays and short-roping on rock, ice and snow
- Efficient glacier travel
- Bivouac systems
- Thermoregulation and personal management
- Training and fitness
Splitter cracks on the Middle Troll, AK